Sample Parking Map Location: Note black arrows point toward the parking area.
Clicking on a black arrow show an approximation of the directional sign. These are typically right, left or straight ahead.
In this example the sign is in the north bound lane and indicates to drivers to turn left.
Actual sign size and design will vary with travel speeds on the road. Optional inclusion of distance to parking on signs is recommended as the distance can vary from 200 feet to 6 miles.
Sample Website posting for direction and parking signs
Model Sunrise Trail Directional and Parking Signs (PDF)
- Rte 1 and Rte 3 (High St and Main St) 3 signs required left, right and straight ahead (2 ¼ mile)
- Rte 1 and Washington Jct Rd 2 signs (1.9 miles)
- Washington Junction rd and railroad siding rd 2 signs L, R (parking)
- Rte 1 and Rte 182 directing to trail in Franklin, 2 signs R and L (6 miles)
- Rte 1 and Tunk Lake Rd (2 signs- Left Arrow and Right arrow) (4 miles)
- Parking area on Rte 182 2 signs R L (parking)
- Rte 1 and Main st, 2 signs R and L, (¾ mile)
- Rte 193 --2 signs at parking area R and L (parking)
- Rte 1 and 1A 1 right arrow, one straight ahead, (6 miles) ???
- Rte 9 and rt 193 junction 2 signs R,L arrow, distance 17 miles ???
- Rte 1 and Tibbettstown rd, 2 signs R and L arrows, distance 300 feet
- Rte 1 and Kilton Lane 2 signs L,R
- Rte 1 at willow and Main st 2 signs R<L arrow, 200 feet
- Rte1 and Jacksonville Rd, 2 signs R,L arrow, (7 miles)
- Rte 191 at trail crossing (McGeorges crossing) 2 signs r and l arrow (parking)
- Rte 191 (Jacksonville rd) and Rt 86 (King St) 2 signs r,l arrow,(9 miles)
- Rte 1 and Water st, 2 signs rR<L arrow, (1 1/3 mile)
- Milwaukee Rd and rt 86 , 2 signs L,R (200 feet)
- Rte 1 and rt 214, 2 signs R,L arrows, (3 ¾ mile)
- Rte 214 at trailhead 2 signs r,l arrows (parking)